On October 5, 2011 Steve Jobs passed away. Fact.
When he died, people knew more about him, everybody was inspired by his speeches and he was everywhere online. His speeches started to be shared everywhere online, people started writing books about him… He became a hot topic.His Stanford commencement ceremony speech 2005 was seen on everyone wall on Facebook and he became more famous.
I was one of the people who knew who Steve Jobs was, yet have never heard him speak nor knew bits of details about him.
I watched his Standard commencement ceremony speech sometime end of October. I still remember that day; I took notes of the quotes that stoke me, then thought that one day I will share them.
Today is that day, more than a year later.
To be honest, I never heard his speech again, not even before writing this post. I am sure that if I hear it now, I will take it differently, yet I preferred to keep my initial inspirations.
- It’s all about connecting the dots. You cannot connect the dots looking forward, you need to connect the dots looking backwards.
- Believing that the dots will connect is about passion.
- Sometimes life is going to strike you with a brick, don’t loose hope.
- You have got to find what you love.
- What you believe is great work.
- As of matters of the heart, you know when you will find it
- If you live each day as if it were your last, then one day will certainly be the last!
- No one wants to die even the people who want to go to heaven
- Don’t waste your life living other people’s lives; have courage to follow your intuition.
- Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish
For all this year and so, I could only remember one sentence: “Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish” and I know that if I abide by this one sentence…mine would be the Earth and everything in it!
After hearing his speech, what stroke you as interesting quotes?