Fadi and I were invite to give our marriage advice to a group of soon-to-be-married couples as part of their pre-marriage counseling with Father Elie Anbar.
We tried to keep it simple…
Here’s the powerpoint that we presented:
And here are the 14 things that we advise you to do in order to have a healthy relationship:
- No one is going to love you if you do not love yourself
- Be independent
- Know the five love languages
- A good relationship starts with good communication
- Take the 5 minutes break before getting angry
- Express your feelings
- Give each other space
- If you feel like giving up, just remember why you are together
- Be best friends
- Never laugh at one another’s choices, you were one of them
- Keep calm and don’t get carried away
- In marriage, each person should have a little pocket money and the freedom to have a little fun! Its healthy!
- Never shout at each other. Unless the house is on fire!
- Live happily ever after!
What are some of your marriage advice?