As I get ready to blow some candles on my birthday this year, I decided to take some time to reflect back on the couple of decades that I was fortunate to live here on earth.
For more than two decades I have been working hard to build the life that I have always dreamt of and on this special day I can look back, smile and proudly say that I did it my way.
It’s a great feeling to feel happy and satisfied with your life, isn’t it?!
I close my eyes and reflect back to some of the things that I did in my life…
The first thing that comes to my mind is my husband Fadi, well, he is my greatest achievement! You know, it’s not easy to find your soulmate, love of your life and partner! Well I did, and for more than a decade he has ornamented my life.
The second thing that comes to mind is my loving family, I have been fortunate to be born in a loving family who gave me space to grow and become the woman I am today. Then I extended my family after getting married and was even more fortunate with amazing inlaws! I couldn’t have asked for a better family!
The third thing that comes to my mind are my friends, well, I don’t have a sister by blood, yet I was fortunate to have a best friend/sister who was always beside me. I was also fortunate to be in a lovely school where I made lifelong friends. Cheers Sabaya!
After remembering all the amazing people in my life and finishing my emotional thanks trip, my head automatically shifted to its natural processing environment and starts creating lists! Yes am a lists lady, remember?!
Fourth came all my list of stuff… organized in a random way…
- Did a BA in International Affairs and Diplomacy (yet some of my friends are surprised about that since they do not see me diplomatic!)
- Did an MBA
- Worked with several non-profits
- Ran very successful projects
- Achieved high professional status
- Wrote a publication that was accepted and thus I presented it in Vienna, Austria
- Bla bla
Other work regaled stuff
- Worked as a waitress
- Work in kids entertainment (was a clown, Dora, Tom, jerry, Micky and other)
- Worked as a hostess
- Created my own jewelry, chocolate and music CDs and sold them
- Started several businesses
Now for the fun stuff!
- Slept in an airport (yes full nigh deep sleep on a bench!)
- Rode a motorcycle 🏍 (and got a license too!)
- Owned a motorcycle
- Scuba dived (and got certified)
- Did a tatoo (a big one actually!)
- Walked on stilts
- Flew in the pilot’s cockpit, yes, we watched the whole show!
Some nice stuff related to the animal kingdom
- Petted a giraffe;
- An elephant
- A sting ray
- A baby shark
- A snake
- Held several butterflies
- Became a godmother for my wonderful niece Ella Maria
- Was the bridesmaids of my bestfriend (the one mentioned in my third thought)
- Learnt about several religions
Sports and Activities
- Water skied
- Walked on Roller blades (if that’s what we call them)
- Played on a Skateboard (is that the verb for this activity?!)
- Went Parasailing
- Went Scuba Diving (oh did I mention that before?)
- Played the Kayak (and actually won in a championship)
- Played the guitar for a year (then realized that I suck at it then stopped😊)
- Drove a jet ski, boat 🚣 and yacht
- I was featured in a local Lebanese newspaper (for kayak championship)
- I was featured in the Wisconsin post for participating in a youth program
- Went live on a radio station for being part of the youth program (mentioned above)
- Was live on a TV 📺 show (where I explained to people how to find jobs in LinkedIn)
Concerts and artists that I watched live
- Red hot chili peppers
- Snow Patrol (oh yes, that’s where I said my YES to Fadi during the “Just Say Yes” song 😍)
- Roger waters
- Davis Guetta
- Dream theater
- Britt Floyd
Mini Van road trip:
- Touring Sri Lanka! In mini van! Oh what fun it is to ride on a one horse open slay… I mean a mini-van in Sri Lanka. Riding on the right side, No Problem!! A 10-day tour with four of our friends in a mini-van across Sri Lanka, what an amazing country and what a lovely people. Unforgettable moments we shared along the way, the funny (which were a lot!), the stressful, the lost and the surreal and the amaze.
Motorcycle Road Trips:
• Goa, India – on a supposedly 60cc scooter – we spend 10 days hitting locations on Google maps and visiting unforgettable places! that was so much fun until it broke down ☺️ but as usual we managed to find a fun way to fix things up!
• Thailand, Koh Samui – on a 50cc UFO that looks like a scooter – a one day ride over the island visiting all the landmarks and attractions…that was a day to remember (some details about that day are not be disclosed 😄 )
• Lebanon, Turkey, Bulgaria and back! a ride of a life time on our Honda NC 700. Racing the wind, chasing storms, getting drenched, sunbathing and most important RIDING 4500KM (Mersin, Cappadocia, Ankara, Istanbul, ….)
• Las Vegas to Florida – yes from West coast to East coast, a 5600Km ride on the one and only American signature, the Harley Davidson Electra Glide, experiencing extreme weather conditions, from hot and dry, to over 80% humid and wet, to storm, downpour and floods, to sunshine and beach. No matter what time, before down, at sunset, at noon, after darkness… it was the right time to RIDE. An adventure of a life time!
- Hiked on Adam’s peak (Sri Lanka)
- Ate alligator meat (yeah, am not the only one, but that’s special for me!)
- Grew orchids! I never thought that I can grow anything and then my orchid flourishes and has more than 30 flowers! Yes! That’s true!
- Went to Disney land
- Ran a marathon
- Ate with my hands (when I was an adult)
- Went hunting and fishing 🎣
- Camped by the river, lake, sea, woods, forest etc.
- Went on the scariest roller coasters (six flags, universal)
- Sang Karaoke 🎤 (and didn’t make a fool out of myself)
- Went on a hot air balloon ride ( Cappadocia)
- Helped build an igloo
- Partied in a minus 5 degree club
Now here’s my favorite list… the list of countries I have been to!
USA 🇺🇸 ( here are the states I have been to)
- Washington DC
- New Mexico
- Arizona (where she saw the majestic Grand Canyons-one of the natural seven wonders)
- Serbia 🇷🇸
- Cyprus 🇨🇾
- Bulgaria 🇧🇬
The Middle East
- Jordan 🇯🇴
- Syria 🇸🇾
- Kuwait 🇰🇼
- Abou Dhabi
- Qatar 🇶🇦
- Lebanon 🇱🇧
- Algeria 🇩🇿
- Tunisia 🇹🇳
- Egypt 🇪🇬
- India 🇮🇳
- Sri Lanka 🇱🇰
- Thailand 🇹🇭
Now I open my eyes, look at the lovely cake and my loving husband, smile, then blow the candles and make a wish…
PS: Then I actually start remembering a lot of other things that I did not remember as I was getting ready to blow my candles 🍰 🎂 😊! But that’s okay… no need to include all!