What have you done in the last 10 years?! A decade in review!
I know that many of you will tell me: “Chantal you want us to look back and remember what have we done in 10 years?! We forgot what we did last week!”
And yes, I am here to tell you that you have less than five days to remember what you did in 10 years. Isn’t that what reflection is all about!
Anyway, stop complaining, get your journal, wait a second, you don’t have a journal! Okay, get any piece of paper, or open a new word document. Turn off your phone. Be ready to be undisturbable for at least one hour. And let’s take a walk down memory lane and reflect back on the last 10 years.
Depending on how your mind functions, you can decide to reflect back year by year, achievement by achievement. You can also look back through old photos, memerobilia, calendars or in any other way suitable.
- Start by listing what have you done in these 10 years. Here you can list things without any order of importance or preference. Everything you did is important.
- What are the things that you are proud of? Then list the things that you are proud of.
- What was your biggest achievement? Then chose one achievement that you call it your biggest in these 10 years.
- What are of the challenges that you have faced? No one’s life is free of challenges, here list all the small abd huge challenges that you faced.
- What have you learned along the way? Life is a school indeed! When you mix achievements and challenges, life lessons will definitely surface. List your life lessons here.
- How did you change as a result of the above? Life twists us, turns us and mold us like molding clay. How have you changed as a result of these 10 years?
Yes, I know you need more time to finish answering these questions, I said a min of one hour and I know that it might take half a day to finish these!
Take your time!
Now that you are done with your reflections, you have to decide if you want the next 10 years to be same as the last 10?
If yes, then you are on the right track, keep doing what you are doing.
If no, then we have some work to do, stay tuned for a new blog post coming up on December 31 about setting goals for the new year. I promise you, it will not be your average goal setting blog post!