I assume by now that almost all of you watching my video and reading my blog are being quarantined at home. Some of you still have full time work like I do, while others unfortunately or fortunately do not have work.
Either way, staying at home is not easy at all and this whole COVID-19 worldwide pandemic issue is getting its toll on all of us.
Today, I celebrate one month being quarantined at home. While I am grateful to have the opportunity to still keep my day-to-day job, the whole period has proven to be very stressful no matter how much of a positive attitude I keep.
For those of you who do not know me, I am Chantal Souaid Mchantaf, I am a trainer and blogger who specializes in productivity.
I launched #chantals2020weeklychallenge this year as a means of motivating me and others to get goals done and to live a productive 2020 that we are all proud of.
The challenge was spiced up by the COVID-19 worldwide pandemic, that is pushing us all to get out of our comfort zones and to live a better life, at home.
Every month, I am focusing on a theme, for the month of April, I will focus on getting ourselves organized, which I am sure we all could do with.
For the first week of April which happens to be the 9th week of the challenge, I am challenging you to create a morning and evening routine that you will sure abide by.
Why do we need a morning and evening routine you might ask me?
I know that some of you might feel that a morning and evening routine are emprisoning them since they prefer to be free and just let things be. While I agree that we can be free and let go of things sometimes (how about the weekends, is that enough for you 🙂 ) we all need daily routine to get up pumped up and to be more productive.
Here are some of the benefits of having a morning and evening routine:
- Routines are good for your physical health
- Routine help reduce stress and thus are good for your emotional health.
- Routine boost your productivity so you can get more done in less time.
- Routine help improve our self confidence since we are more in control of our lives
- Routines put our brain on autopilot
- You will have more free time
There are lot of things that you can include in your routine. Your routine is yours and should be customized according to your life, needs and ambition.
Here are some things that you can include in your Morning routine. To read more about my morning routine, you can click here.
- Wake up early
- Make your bed
- Drink lemon and hot water
- Eat a spoon of honey
- Read for at least 10 minutes
- Exercise for at least 15 minutes
- Take a cold shower
- Practice intermittent fasting (or have a healthy breakfast)
- Read some affirmations (or do a visualization)
- Apply face cream (I recommend a cream with SPF)
- Get dressed as if you are going to work
- Spend time with your family or loved ones
- Review your personal and professional goals for the day
Here are some things that you can include in your evening routine. To read more about what is left of my evening routine, you can click here.
- Stretch in bed, or do an evening yoga in bed routine
- Practice self-reflective journal
- If you didn’t get a chance to read in the morning, read in the evening for at least 15 minutes
- Apply cream again
- Review your goals for the next day
- Declutter your house or space
- Prepare your clothes for the next day
I created printable for you to write your morning and evening routine on, you can add as many or as little as you need.
If you are not part of our Facebook community, please join our private group where we share our struggles and success.
If you haven’t subscribed to my blog, please write your email below
If you haven’t subscribed to my YouTube channel, you can do so by clicking here.
I am looking forward to seeing you on Facebook and see how productive you will be this week.
To learn more about previous challenges:
- WEEK 1 LET’S SHOW SOME RESPECT TO PEOPLE AROUND US
- WEEK 2 LET’S BE MORE GRATEFUL THIS WEEK
- WEEK 3 LET’S DONATE ONE THING A DAY THIS WEEK
- WEEK 4 LET’S PREPARE YOUR CLOTHES THE NIGHT BEFORE
- WEEK 5 LET’S PLAN OUR HEALTHY MEALS THIS WEEK
- WEEK 6 LET’S PREVENT SICKNESS THIS WEEK!
- WEEK 7 LET’S BE PRODUCTIVE AND SPEND OUR TIME WISELY
- WEEK 8 LET’S EXERCISE THIS WEEK?!
- WEEK 9 LET’S SET MORNING AND EVENING ROUTINES
- WEEK 10 LET’S USE A DAILY PLANNER THIS WEEK
- WEEK 11 LET’S DECLUTTER OUR HOUSE KONMARI STYLE THIS WEEK