Do you want to have more energy?
Do you want to have clearer skin?
Do you want to have fewer headaches?
Do you want to reduce your cravings?
If you do, I have a solution for you!
For week 17 of #Chantals2020WeeklyChallenge I challenge you to do a Sugar Detox!
Yes SUGAR DETOX!
WAIT, WHAT IS CHANTAL’S 2020 WEEKLY CHALLENGE?
Learn more about Chantal’s 2020 Weekly Challenge by clicking here.
IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE IN THE CHALLENGE, PLEASE ADD YOUR EMAIL BELOW TO SUBSCRIBE TO MY BLOG AND RECEIVE MY WEEKLY CHALLENGES BY EMAIL.
Anyway, eating and drinking regularly too much added sugar has negative health effects and leads to many medical conditions such as:
- weight gain
- Increased risk of diabetes and heart disease
- Increased risk of depression
Here’s what happens in our brain when we eat sugar!
We eat sugar, we like it, it has addictive properties
Blood sugar levels spike, dopamine is released in the brain leading to addiction, the body secretes insulin to drop sugar level
Blood sugar level falls rapidly, thus high insulin levels cause immediate fat storage. Body craves the lost sugar high
Hunger and cravings happen again. Low blood sugar levels cause increased appetite and cravings. Thus, the cycle repeats again.
When you cut out sugar, your cravings get more intense and you experience withdrawal symptoms — at least at first.
Physical and emotional symptoms of sugar withdrawal can include:
- cravings for sweet or high calorie foods
- lack of energy
- muscle aches
- stomach cramps
- irritability or anxiety
Okay wait, you might ask me, Chantal, why do you want us to go through some withdrawal symptoms?!
- not everyone experiences these withdrawal symptoms and
- Trust me, the reward is greater than any symptoms you might feel in the first day or two
To make sure you are not consuming sugar, avoid the following foods and drinks:
- Sodas, fruit juices, and energy drinks.
- Candies and sweets
- Cakes, cookies, certain types of bread and anything baked
- Low fat foods: that contain added sugar to replace the missing fat.
Okay, we are convinced, now how can we start?
- Quit cold turkey
- Eat more protein
- Snack on fresh fruits
- Increase dietary fiber
- Drink more water
- Avoid artificial sweeteners
- Manage stress and try to relax as much as possible
- Eat some greens
- Enough sleep
ARE YOU READY TO TAKE YOUR YEAR TO THE NEXT LEVEL THIS WEEK AND DO A SUGAR DETOX?
Wait, what?! Grab a Morning Coffee with Chantal! Yes, every Monday at 8am GMT +3. During this coffee break, we have our Monday morning coffee together, talk, reflect and debrief on our weekly challenge, learn something new and set the best tone for the week ahead!
This week, we will have a dietitian guest speaker who will talk to us about the negative consequences of eating sugar. Join our Facebook group to know the details of our Monday session.
If you are not part of our Facebook community, please join our private group where we share our struggles and success.
IF YOU HAVEN’T SUBSCRIBED TO MY BLOG, PLEASE WRITE YOUR EMAIL BELOW TO RECEIVE MY WEEKLY CHALLENGES.
If you haven’t subscribed to my YouTube channel, you can do so by clicking here.
I am looking forward to seeing you on Facebook to share insights about our week!
If you are new to #Chantals2020WeeklyChallenge catch up to the previous posts here:
- ARE YOU READY TO JOIN #CHANTALS2020WEEKLYCHALLENGE
- WEEK 1 LET’S SHOW SOME RESPECT TO PEOPLE AROUND US
- WEEK 2 LET’S BE MORE GRATEFUL THIS WEEK
- WEEK 3 LET’S DONATE ONE THING A DAY THIS WEEK
- WEEK 4 LET’S PREPARE YOUR CLOTHES THE NIGHT BEFORE
- WEEK 5 LET’S PLAN OUR HEALTHY MEALS THIS WEEK
- WEEK 6 LET’S PREVENT SICKNESS THIS WEEK!
- WEEK 7 LET’S BE PRODUCTIVE AND SPEND OUR TIME WISELY
- WEEK 8 ARE YOU READY TO EXERCISE THIS WEEK?!
- WEEK 9 LET’S SET MORNING AND EVENING ROUTINES
- WEEK 10 LET’S USE A DAILY PLANNER THIS WEEK
- WEEK 11 LET’S DECLUTTER OUR HOUSE KONMARI STYLE THIS WEEK
- WEEK 12 LET’S ORGANIZE OUR CHORES THIS WEEK
- WEEK 13 LET’S JOURNAL FOR 10 MIN A DAY THIS WEEK
- WEEK 14 LET’S REDUCE STRESS BY 68% THIS WEEK
- WEEK 15 LET’S CLEAR OUR MIND THIS WEEK
- WEEK 16 LET’S WAKE UP AT 5AM THIS WEEK