I am sure that you have heard the saying:
“Breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a beggar”Anonymous
Well, the world as we know it is changing and we are chaning the way we are doing thing.
Currently, intermittent fasting is one of the world’s most popular health and fitness trends.
You will learn more about it in this blog post and and I will explain to you my plans for this week. If you are new to #Chantals2020WeeklyChallenge you can read more about the challenge here. If you want to learn more about me, you can click here.
Okay, so what is intermittent fasting anyway?!
Intermittent fasting (IF) is an eating pattern that cycles between periods of fasting and eating. (Source: Healthline)
It doesn’t specify which foods you should eat but rather when you should eat.
All around the work, people are doing intermitted fasting to lose weight, improve their health and definitely simplify their lifestyles.
Many studies show that it can have powerful effects on your body and brain and may even help you live longer.
At its very core, intermittent fasting simply allows the body to use its stored energy. For example, by burning off excess body fat. If you don’t eat, your body will simply “eat” its own fat for energy.
Here’s my favorite part:
When we eat, our body increases insulin levels, thus store sugar in liver and produce fat in liver.
When we stop eating and fast, the opposite happens, the insulin levels decrease, so our body starts to burns stored sugar and fat.
If you don’t eat, your body will simply “eat” its own fat for energy. Thus intermittent fasting simply allows your body to use its stored fat and energy.
If we spend all day eating, our body will not use the stored fat.
Here are some health benefits of intermittent fasting:
- Weight loss
- Increased fat burning
- Lowered blood insulin and sugar levels (insulin resistance)
- Increased mental clarity and concentration
- Possibly improved mental clarify and concentration
- Possibly increased energy
- Possibly longer life
- Possibly activation of cellular cleansing
- Possibly reduction of inflammation
What are some common fasting methods:
- 13 hour fast, easiest to start. Eat 11 hours window
- 16 hour fast. Eat 8 hour window
- Eat stop, eat stop: stop eating for one or two days a week
- Warrior diet: eat one large meal per day
Needless to say, Fasting is also often done for religious or spiritual reasons.
How to start fasting this week?!
- Decide on the type of fasting you want to do, I usually do the 16 hour fast, but you know your body and the decision is up to you.
- You can download an app that helps remind you when to eat and when to stop eating, I use the zero app, no ads here, I just happen to like it.
- During your fasting time, drink plenty of water, you can also drink unsweetened tea or coffee
- Eat low-carbs during your eating time-frame, this will make fasting easier
- Don’t binge eat during your eating time-frame, remember that you are doing this to yourself and food is always readily available
Let’s talk about hunger, now hunger comes in waves, you will feel hungry, you can drink water or coffee or tea, then the hunger will go away.
Before deciding to take this challenge, consult with your healthcare provider to confirm if it suits you and listen to your body. I am recommending something that works for my body, it might not work for your body. I am not a healthcare professional nor an expert. I am not to be held accountable for any health liabilities as a result of your fasting.
How to participate in the challenge?!
- Post a picture of yourself on social media, tagging me (social media icons below)
- Use the #Chantals2020WeeklyChallenge
- Join our Facebook group
- Let’s enjoy our year!
To stay in touch with us as we maneuver through 2020, join our growing Facebook community by clicking on the image below:
To stay in touch over social media, press on the below links:
IF YOU HAVEN’T SUBSCRIBED TO MY BLOG, PLEASE WRITE YOUR EMAIL BELOW TO RECEIVE MY WEEKLY CHALLENGES.
If you are new to #Chantals2020WeeklyChallenge catch up to the previous posts here:
- ARE YOU READY TO JOIN #CHANTALS2020WEEKLYCHALLENGE
- WEEK 1 LET’S SHOW SOME RESPECT TO PEOPLE AROUND US
- WEEK 2 LET’S BE MORE GRATEFUL THIS WEEK
- WEEK 3 LET’S DONATE ONE THING A DAY THIS WEEK
- WEEK 4 LET’S PREPARE YOUR CLOTHES THE NIGHT BEFORE
- WEEK 5 LET’S PLAN OUR HEALTHY MEALS THIS WEEK
- WEEK 6 LET’S PREVENT SICKNESS THIS WEEK!
- WEEK 7 LET’S BE PRODUCTIVE AND SPEND OUR TIME WISELY
- WEEK 8 ARE YOU READY TO EXERCISE THIS WEEK?!
- WEEK 9 LET’S SET MORNING AND EVENING ROUTINES
- WEEK 10 LET’S USE A DAILY PLANNER THIS WEEK
- WEEK 11 LET’S DECLUTTER OUR HOUSE KONMARI STYLE THIS WEEK
- WEEK 12 LET’S ORGANIZE OUR CHORES THIS WEEK
- WEEK 13 LET’S JOURNAL FOR 10 MIN A DAY THIS WEEK
- WEEK 14 LET’S REDUCE STRESS BY 68% THIS WEEK
- WEEK 15 LET’S CLEAR OUR MIND THIS WEEK
- WEEK 16 LET’S WAKE UP AT 5AM THIS WEEK
- WEEK 17 LET’S STOP EATING THIS FOR A WEEK