I don’t know if you remember, long before social media became famous, we used to send one another emails. These email included jokes, information, pictures and any other source of information.
To be honest, at that time, I didn’t know what Foie Gras was, nor how do we get it.
I will not explain the whole process myself, I will extract an answer from Certified Humane on the below question:
Is It Unethical to Eat Foie Gras?
YES: Force-Feeding Birds to Fatten Their Liver Is Inhumane. When you are eating foie gras, with rare exceptions you are eating the intentionally diseased liver of a bird that has been inhumanely raised and handled. There is nothing ethical about that, and no way to make it OK.Certified Humane
After receiving this email, I started researching more and more about animal cruelty and how we receive our end result meat and was disgusted. So I went vegetarian for almost a year.
Why should we go vegan anyway?
- It’s a great way to save animals from cruelty and torture
- Vegan diets are known to help people lose weight and become more energized
- By going vegan, America could feed an additional 390 million people, study suggests
- Conserves water
- Cleans the soil
- Purifies the air
- Eating vegan makes you happier and healthier
- It appears to lower blood sugar levels and improve kidney function
- A vegan diet protects against certain cancers
- It’s linked to a lower risk of heart disease
- A vegan diet decreases symptoms of osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis
- A vegan diet reduces energy consumption
- It’s more ethical
- It’s delicious and not as hard as you think
Click on the below image to check out Vegan recipes for the week.
- Share the below image on your social media
- Tag me
- Use #Chantals2020WeeklyChallenge
- Let’s improve our year week at a time!
Journaling is a very important part of our challenge, we announced it during week 13, learn more about the benefits of journaling, and each week we continue to journal daily. Here are the journal prompts for this week’s challenge.
Let’s stay in touch, join our growing Facebook community!
IF YOU HAVEN’T SUBSCRIBED TO MY BLOG, PLEASE WRITE YOUR EMAIL BELOW TO RECEIVE MY WEEKLY CHALLENGES.
IF YOU ARE NEW TO #CHANTALS2020WEEKLYCHALLENGE CATCH UP TO THE PREVIOUS POSTS HERE:
- ARE YOU READY TO JOIN #CHANTALS2020WEEKLYCHALLENGE
- WEEK 1 LET’S SHOW SOME RESPECT TO PEOPLE AROUND US
- WEEK 2 LET’S BE MORE GRATEFUL THIS WEEK
- WEEK 3 LET’S DONATE ONE THING A DAY THIS WEEK
- WEEK 4 LET’S PREPARE YOUR CLOTHES THE NIGHT BEFORE
- WEEK 5 LET’S PLAN OUR HEALTHY MEALS THIS WEEK
- WEEK 6 LET’S PREVENT SICKNESS THIS WEEK!
- WEEK 7 LET’S BE PRODUCTIVE AND SPEND OUR TIME WISELY
- WEEK 8 ARE YOU READY TO EXERCISE THIS WEEK?!
- WEEK 9 LET’S SET MORNING AND EVENING ROUTINES
- WEEK 10 LET’S USE A DAILY PLANNER THIS WEEK
- WEEK 11 LET’S DECLUTTER OUR HOUSE KONMARI STYLE THIS WEEK
- WEEK 12 LET’S ORGANIZE OUR CHORES THIS WEEK
- WEEK 13 LET’S JOURNAL FOR 10 MIN A DAY THIS WEEK
- WEEK 14 LET’S REDUCE STRESS BY 68% THIS WEEK
- WEEK 15 LET’S CLEAR OUR MIND THIS WEEK
- WEEK 16 LET’S WAKE UP AT 5AM THIS WEEK
- WEEK 17 LET’S STOP EATING THIS FOR A WEEK
- WEEK 18 IS FASTING ON YOUR AGENDA THIS WEEK?
- WEEK 19 LET’S WALK FOR 20 MIN A DAY THIS WEEK